Senior Hadoop Developer
Full time, Contract
$45.00 – $60.00
Cloudteam now has an opportunity for you to apply your Information Technology experience with programming and coding to a high profile, healthcare corporation as a Senior Hadoop Developer.
As a Senior Hadoop Developer you will be responsible for:
• Development, programming, and coding of Information Technology Solutions.
• Documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products.
• Including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, application.
• Leading efforts, overseeing work results, providing training and serving as a technical resource for other developers.
• Experience and knowledge with Spark Development, Nifi, and Kafka.
• Write code for complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
• Write code mostly for developing new programs.
• Review code developed by other Developers.
• Provide input to and drive programming standards.
• Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems).
• Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers.
• Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards.
• Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
• Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers.
• Serve as lead liaison to vendors as assigned.
• May serve on Steering Committees.
• Scope time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects.
• Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
• Incorporate other Developers' scope information into own scope document (for integration points).
• Assist in reviewing vendor products. Provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment.
• Perform unit testing and debugging.
• Set test conditions based upon code specifications.
• Debug most program errors (simple to complex). May seek assistance from vendors to debug complex errors
• Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. Often requires more coordination points for transitioning systems. Document what has to be migrated/file properties.
• Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions.
• Assist technical team with defining configuration for installing products. May consult on database setup. May load database for testing, especially if there are multiple tables.
• Review vendor research and gap analyses. Narrows down vendor choices and makes final recommendation to technical team and client.
• Act as a technical mentor to other team members.
• May act as a technical lead on projects as assigned.
• This is a full-time opportunity with eligibility to convert from a 6 month contract to permanent placement.
Cloudteam has been disrupting the staffing industry since 2011 with our tech tool supported recruitment and staffing teams that have enabled us to offer top level placements with higher compensation and at lower cost to our clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.