CloudTeam is now hiring RF Engineers.
Our client is a leading integrator of advanced access solutions with a keen focus on delivering scalable, sustainable, and truly future-proof infrastructure. You will be joining a team that supports and installs the key access technologies (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Cellular).
RF Engineers on average earn between $80,000 to $95,000 per year depending on experience, skill, and certifications. Once you are placed, you will be offered company sponsored Health/Medical Insurance plans and customary vacation/paid time off.
The corporate office is located in Tampa, FL, however the job sites span across the United States. As the RF Engineer, you will be based in the Tampa Bay, FL area and will need to have the ability to travel 40% of the time.
• BSEE or Technical Degree preferred, but not required.
• 7+ years of RF engineering experience specific to the job responsibilities.
• Experience with DAS commissioning, optimization, and troubleshooting.
• Experience designing and commissioning of multi-sector, neutral host DAS using most major DAS OEMs such as Corning, CommScope, SOLiD, ADRF, JMA/TEKO.
• Experience with Link Budgets for multiple technologies/frequencies, calculating noise figures, and calculating intermodulation products.
• Experience with iBwave software (certification is a plus).
• Strong understanding of cellular technology, including (In-building DAS, Small Cell, 3GPP Network technologies, 4G/LTE).
• Knowledge of DAS components (e.g. coaxial and fiber cable, antennas, splitters).
• Knowledge of radio wave propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and optical transmission.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools, including Visio.
• DAS OEM certifications preferred.
• Interface with customer and build relationship with their engineering teams.
• Design systems by selecting sites, conducting CW tests, analyzing data, and preparing customer documentation.
• Configure, commission, test, and optimize DAS solutions.
• Participate in solution designs and proposals as needed.
• Conduct field work and measurements.
• Operate test equipment and run post processing software.
• Provide planning, coordination as well as testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization.
• Work closely with customer regarding system design, performance / optimization, and recommending configuration changes as needed.
• Use a variety of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer, and pilot scanner.
• RF testing, reporting, and troubleshooting.
• Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades.
• Post implementation DAS maintenance and support.
• Team with others on new innovation and solution efforts.
• Mentor less experienced engineers.
• Ability to use test equipment and software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.