IT Testing Specialist
$30.00 – $38.00
Cloudteam now has an opportunity for you to apply your 4+ years of Information Technology Systems Testing experience in a role with a high profile healthcare corporation.
We are now hiring an IT Testing Specialist.
As the Testing Specialist you will create test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and perform hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing.
You can also expect to:
• Deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate. • Design test scenarios.
• Author test scripts.
• Execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements.
• Collaborate with other IT staff to review and understand system requirements and design.
• Review test strategy and design.
• Identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing.
• Solid work experience with testing management tools and concepts.
• 1+ years of experience working in an Agile environment.
• CTFL certification is preferred.
• Must have strong knowledge of SDLC with an emphasis on testing methodologies.
• Thorough understanding of the business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested.
• Thoroughly understand As-Is and To-Be business processes to understand what's changing.
• Must have strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products.
• Solid knowledge of automated testing tools.
• Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
• Create a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
• Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
• Identify tests that are good candidates for automation.
• Identify approaches for risk-based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritize test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
• Set up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
• Ensure test results are accurate, thorough, and appropriately documented.
• Communicate results and coordinate logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
• Document problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
• Perform quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
• Certify application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generate and distribute periodic status reports for testing.
• Set up and execute complex scripts independently.
• Set up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
• Create and execute moderately complex SQL queries.
• Execute automated test scripts.
• Write/coordinate resolution of system defects. Ensure appropriate hand-offs and re-testing.
• Provide technical guidance to other IT Testing Specialists.
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions or solicit information on incomplete requirements.
• Participate in facilitation and coordination of user acceptance testing.
• Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
• Work with developers to create automated tests.
• Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
• Ensure stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Create automated test scripts for sprints.
• Update automated test scripts after a sprint is complete.
• Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.
• Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language.
• Ability to extract data utilizing moderately complex SQL queries.
• Ability to read logical and physical data models and understand the relationship between various tables.
• Ability to clearly identify data needs and requirements for the respective test efforts.
• Ability to execute automated test scripts as needed.
• Ability to read various system input/output files like XML, Flat, 834, 835 etc.
• This is a full-time opportunity with eligibility to convert from a 6 month contract to permanent placement.
Cloudteam has been disrupting the staffing industry since 2011 with our tech tool supported recruitment and staffing teams that have enabled us to offer top level placements with higher compensation and at lower cost to our clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.