CDI Coding Specialist - Remote
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00
Cloudteam has a direct placement opportunity for you to be apart of the Telecommunications Industry as a Communications Operations Representative in Tampa, FL. This is an entry-level position with a large privately owned company.
The CDI Coding Specialist uses clinical knowledge to serve as an advisor to providers and staff regarding complete and accurate documentation supporting services provided in the office-based setting.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of RPM Education, the CDI Consultant will conduct concurrent reviews of outpatient medical records after the patient is seen as well as work with clinicians concurrently to guide and educate. This position collaborates with providers and coding teams to deliver education on documentation best practices that result in accurate, comprehensive medical record that reflects the diagnoses for the patient and supports patient care and correct reimbursement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE:
• Must have specific knowledge of diagnostic and procedural terminology, ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems, and billing compliance rules.
• Associates degree required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CPMA, CRC
• Certified Medical Coder, AAPC or AHIMA certification
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of products
• Experience in multi-specialty physician coding is highly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience
• Minimum 5 years production coding
• Minimum 3-5 years CMS compliance guidelines
• Minimum 2 years working at a health plan
• Must have Medicare Risk Adjustment coding experience
• Acts as a resource for Providers and Coding staff
• Performs retrospective chart reviews for improving the overall completeness of clinical documentation.
• Collaborates with physician to identify and clarify missing, conflicting or nonspecific documentation related to diagnoses and procedures.
• Communicates with clinicians to clarify documentation and query for specificity.
• Serves as an expert resource in reviewing all medical records in support of accurate documentation for all payer types to assure complete and accurate diagnosis and procedure capture and coding.
• Proactively coordinates and engages regular meetings with HIM Coding, Physician Champions and Leadership
• Leads and executes physician education strategies that result in improved clinical documentation and complete capture of diagnosis coding
• Monitors trends in the CDI process and develops and implements action plans to maximize the program.
• Develops monitoring tools to track progress of CDI program such as identification of cases with CDI opportunities, HCC recapture rate, etc.
• Maintains expert knowledge of CDI and ICD-10 Coding
Cloudteam has been disrupting the staffing industry since 2011 with our tech tool supported recruitment and staffing teams that have enabled us to offer top level placements with higher compensation and at lower cost to our clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.