Anti-Money Laundering Analytics AVP
$83,000.00 – $118,000.00
CloudTeam is recruiting and interviewing for an AVP of Analytics with a focus in Anti-Money Laundering.
The client is offering an excellent compensation starting between $83,000-$118,000 per year with full benefits.
As the AVP of Analytics in Anti-Money Laundering, your main focus will be to act as a Senior Resource and SME in one of two key functions:
• Being the development, tuning, & calibration of transaction monitoring rules used for detecting Money Laundering activity across the bank globally, and/or within the Threat Analytics team.
• Ensuring that current & future high risk AML activities are identified and referred to Investigations for review.
You will be part of the wider Americas AML and Anti Financial Crime Team at this financial institution.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• CAMS certified preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in Quantitative/Qualitative Analysis position, as Business Analyst, System Analyst or equivalent.
• Experience in Quantitative and Statistical Analysis.
• Previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Experience in Correspondent Banking and Asset Management businesses a plus.
• Experience with Mantas or other AML behavioral detection systems a plus.
• Experience with MS Access and Visual Analytic Tools a plus (e.g., JMP, Cognos, SAS).
• Experience in Computer Science, database design, ETL processes, and data mining a plus.
• Access and Project Manager experience is a plus.
• System and Business Analysis background is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Good at creating and delivering impactful presentation.
• Should be able to interpret complex requirements and be a self-starter.
• Solid project management/workflow management ability will be viewed positively.
• Must have an understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organizations.
• Must have a proactive approach to tasks & responsibilities.
• Knowledge of AML Laws (USA Patriot Act), Regulations (FED, SEC, FINRA).
• Manage a team of 3 associates.
• Conduct trend analysis, univariate and multivariate analysis across all measurable system results, in order to establish thresholds and parameter settings.
• Perform pilot projects to analyze and establish new algorithms and rules.
• Work with the Data Mining and Analytics teams and the Risk Coverage/Governance Team to ensure the rules are reviewed on a regular basis based on the level of risk and that the systems are appropriately optimized.
• Participate in AML optimization across multiple LOBs (including correspondent banking, retail, commercial, brokerage, and trade finance) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems.
• Ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity.
• Design and implement risk-based alert scoring, creating a data quality process.
• Support all review and audit functions; create a model inventory list and ensure all models are reviewed.
• Act as SME in AFC technology related projects.
• Maintain standards for segmentation methodology, scenario tuning methodology, peer grouping, and BTL sampling (below the Line) methodology.
• Work in conjunction with the AML Monitoring & Surveillance Team to ensure that the recommended threshold and scoring changing are tested appropriately in the User Acceptance Test environment prior to production implementation.
• Provide support and assistance to the FCIU Transaction Monitoring Manager with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed.
• Strong analytical skills with an investigative mindset.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel).
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and teamwork awareness.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate issues to Senior Management in an effective manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy.
Cloudteam has been disrupting the staffing industry since 2011 with our tech tool supported recruitment and staffing teams that have enabled us to offer top level placements with higher compensation to you and at lower cost to our clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.